Tue, Jan 19, 2015
10 – 12pm (We start — and finish ! — on time.)
Jeff Morris Fire Museum
900 SE 35th Ave (corner of Belmont)
- RSVP greatly appreciated, but not required. More than 90 people receive meeting invitations, so it’s helpful to know in advance if we’ll have a large crowd.
- If you cannot join us this time, please mark your calendar for the next meeting, Tue, Tue 16, 7-9pm, location TBD.
10:00 – 10:05 : Brief attendee introductions – name and organizational affiliation, if any.
10:05 – 10:07 : (Glenn) A very brief explanation of the closer collaboration we’re developing for Sunnyside NET and the Sunnyside Neighborhood Association Emergency Preparedness Committee.
10:07 – 10:10 : (Jan) www.PDXtimebank.com credit for Committee participants
10:10 – 10:15 : (Jan / Glenn) Southeast Uplift (SEUL) Neighborhood Small Grants submission summary
10:15 – 11:45 : (Jan + group discussion) ‘Map Your Neighborhood’ (MYN) orientation to learn how to meet your neighbors and help them prepare for emergencies. Jan will lead us through interactive activities including:
- 9 Steps-Immediately Following Disaster
- How to create a neighborhood contact list
- How to create a neighborhood Skills and Equipment Inventory
This is a critical process for preparing your micro-neighborhood for emergencies, so we’ll have handouts to help you kickstart your own MYN project. If you have already begun, please come share your experience and advice!
11:45 – 12:00 : (Stephanie) Exciting stuff is in store for NETs, including a reward-oriented way to motivate all of use to build our skills with advanced training.