A committee of the Sunnyside Neighborhood Association
[Oct 2017 budget report and approved request]
Free Emergency Preparedness 101 Workshops!
We promise it will be fun and empowering, not scary! Potlucks, public halls, living room dessert parties, local businesses, summer block parties, Zoom meetings . . . get creative!
- Gather at least eight people and choose a couple of possible dates & times. (Doodle can help with that.)
- Contact us to schedule: email@example.com.
- We will facilitate a 90 minute presentation & conversation to help you begin (or improve) your personal, family, and community preparedness. We will bring free literature. There is no sales pitch; we are volunteers.
We have provided these presentations to groups ranging from 8-160 people.
Other ways to Get Involved
- Join our email list.
- If you have a Fred Meyer Rewards card, please link your account to Sunnyside NET. Freddy’s give us money, and it costs you nothing. Win/win. Hit this link to login and access your Community Rewards setting. Search for organization YC788, Friends of Portland Fire & Rescue-Sunnyside. Thanks!
Our Guiding Statement
Sunnyside Prepared helps residents educate each other about preparing their families and neighbors to care for themselves during an emergency, ranging from power outages to a major earthquake. The committee collaborates closely with the Sunnyside NET (Neighborhood Emergency Team), whose members have been trained and background-checked by PBEM (Portland Bureau of Emergency Management) and Portland Fire & Rescue.
Our collective goal is to help each other help ourselves, because history has proven repeatedly that in a crisis our neighbors are our most important “first responders.” All Sunnyside residents are welcome to participate in whatever capacity they are able and willing.
Interactive hazard and geological maps from DOGAMI.
- Building an Emergency Preparedness Checklist for Your Home (contains ads for homeowner insurance)
- Family Emergency Supplies Calendar – An easy, affordable way to gradually build your family’s kit over 24 weeks. (two-sided tri-fold; contact us for copies to distribute to a group)
- Map Your Neighborhood – Skills and Equipment Inventory: PDF or editable ODT
- Info and map of BEECN (Basic Earthquake Emergency Communication Nodes)
- Active NET teams in Portland, with Team Leader contact info
- The Twin-Bucket Emergency Toilet system
- FEMA “Hazard Hunt” posters for Homes and Schools (too large to print at home–contact us to borrow a laminated copy)
- DoveLewis Animal Preparedness Guidelines
- Public Safety and Livability Resources
- NET – City of Portland Bureau of Emergency Management
- American Red Cross – Cascades Region
- Planning for Resilience & Emergency Preparedness (PREP)