Tue, Mar 15, 2016
10– 11:15am (We start — and finish! — on time. This month’s meeting will be a little shorter than usual.)
Jeff Morris Fire Museum, first floor kitchen
900 SE 35th Ave (corner of Belmont)
- RSVP greatly appreciated, but not required. More than 110 people receive meeting invitations, so it’s helpful to know in advance if we’ll have a large crowd.
- If you cannot join us this time, please mark your calendar for the next meeting, Tue, Apr 19, 7pm at Southeast Uplift.
10:00 – 10:05 : Brief attendee introductions – name, neighborhood/cross streets, and any organizational affiliation.
10:05 – 10:08 : (Glenn) For first-time attendees, a very brief explanation of the closer collaboration we’ve developed for Sunnyside NET and the Sunnyside Neighborhood Association Emergency Preparedness Committee.
10:08 – 10:20 : (Glenn + group discussion) Housekeeping
- NET service commitment logging, and www.PDXtimebank.com credit for Committee participants
- We have asked the Neighborhood Assoc. to approve a new name for our group: Sunnyside Prepared (A committee of the Sunnyside Neighborhood Association)
- Southeast Uplift Community Small Grant application update. The list of grantees will be announced Mar 11. Fingers crossed.
- New NET ARO (Amateur Radio Operator) guidelines and training requirements.
- Friends of Portland NET – What you can do to help!
10:20 – 10:45 : (Jan + group discussion) Earthquake Home Hazard Hunt activity using the large-format FEMA poster. We’ll also discuss how you can borrow laminated posters and integrate this activity into your own Map Your Neighborhood efforts. (A School Hazard Hunt poster is also available.)
10:45 – 11:00 : (Jan + group discussion) Brief Map Your Neighborhood (MYN) activities, and review of an assortment of local maps.
11:00 – 11:10 : (all event participants + group discussion) Debrief about recent & upcoming NET events
- NECN crowd-sourcing event related to Map Your Neighborhood (Feb 22)
- BEECN drill (Feb 27)
- Sunnyside Environmental School reunification workshops (Mar 9)
- June 21 Presentation by Dr. Erin Moore — on-the-ground experience of the Nepal 2015 earthquake (June 21)