The Sunnyside Neighborhood Association is hosting an educational event to address the challenges we face as the city continues to change. Crisis and Conscience: Understanding and Responding to Portland’s Housing & Homelessness Emergency will take the place of our October General Meeting (regular meetings will resume on Thursday, Nov. 14), and will be a directed panel discussion with a number of representatives from city agencies, community organizations, and residents; including officials from the Joint Office of Homelessness Services, Sunnyside Environmental School, Rental Providers for Positive Change, and the Portland Police Department. The panel’s goal is to discuss the causes and consequences of Portland’s now four-year long housing emergency, present direct feedback from residents, and expose neighbors to organizations and initiatives responding to the crisis.
• Marc Jolin, Joint Office of Homelessness Services Director
• Mike Krantz, Portland Police Department Central Commander
• Amy Kleiner, Sunnyside Environmental School Principal
• Erin Martin, United Methodist Church District Superintendent
• Vince Masiello, Compassionate Change District Peer Advocate
• Edith Casterline, Rental Providers for Positive Change
• Ellen Greaney, LCSW, CADCIII, CODA, Multnomah Co. Health Dept.
• Tremaine Clayton, Portland Fire & Rescue Community Healthcare Assessment Team Coordinator
The discussion will include a presentation on the current state of our housing crisis by Marc Jolin, questions addressed to the panel collected from the community over the past few months, and questions directly from the audience.
The event will be held at Sunnyside Elementary School’s Auditorium (3421 SE Salmon St, Portland, OR), October 10 7pm-9pm. We invite everyone to join us for this important and informative discussion and to submit specific questions and comments you would like the panel to address by emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or submitting a comment on this post. Comments submitted via this form will not be publicly visible.